These documents will help individuals gather the necessary information they need so quality care can be delivered.
- Power of Attorney: The Power of Attorney Form will give legal authority over your finances, limited or broad. You can obtain this document from an attorney, stationary store, or private on-line company.
- Representative Payee: Appoint a Representative Payee who will help with managing your benefits from Social Security, Veterans Administration, or Railroad Retirement for now or the later in the future.
- Trust: A trust will give someone the rights to your property. It could also be set up as a power of attorney. Consult with an attorney if you are considering a trust.
- Advance Directive for Health care Decisions: You can access Maryland’s Advance Directive Form by clicking here to choose from a health representative or to plan a health treatment.
- Physician's Orders for Life- Sustaining Treatment (POLST): Physician's’ Orders for Life- Sustaining Treatment is an order based off of patient’s wishes to either provide or deny life-sustaining treatments. You can access Maryland’s POLST here.
For more in-depth assistance, contact your local MAP office directly or call the statewide toll-free number (1-844-627-5465).